Thank you for considering this handsome, handcrafted, shaving brush. All our brush handles are hand turned and finished, locally in our shop in Rome, GA. Our products are made from the highest quality materials for performance you can count on. We are dedicated to craftsmanship and are passionate, mindful, and deliberate about creating awesome, high-quality products and selling them for a reasonable price. Our goal is to earn and keep your business.
Our stabilized Spalted Tamarind “Crusader Series” shaving brush handle is two inches tall and progressively sanded and buffed to bring out the natural luster of the material and to help make the brush handle water resistant.
Default Brush Knot Option: The Black, Pure Badger Hair knot will give your shaving brushes a very distinct look.
Upgrade Brush Knot Option: For $15 more, you can upgrade your brush knot to premium, Silver tip Badger Hair knot.
The knots are brand new, pre-bloom (the fan will be much wider once broken in).
Currently, we offer our brush handles in three coin choices:
- * Buffalo Nickel: Buffalo side up accented with a black decorative bland around inlayed coin.
- * Buffalo Nickel: Indian Head side up accented with a red decorative bland around inlayed coin.
- * Commemorative Presidential dollar coin (Lady Liberty side up) accented with a red decorative bland around inlayed coin.
Handle Material: Stabilized Spalted Tamarind (Tamarindus indica)
Total Weight: 2.0 oz (56.7 g)
Total Brush Height: 4.25 inches (10.79 cm)
Handle Height: 2.0 inches (5.08 cm)
Loft Height: 2.5 inches (6.5 cm)
Knot Diameter: .87 inches (22 cm)
Made in the USA
Dimensions are approximate.
– Spalted Tamarind (Tamarindus indica) is a beautiful African wood. Much of this pale yellow sapwood comes from logs that were either found on the forest floor or were cut and then allowed to spalt in the very damp warm conditions of the jungle. The colors and various line patterns are truly unique from one piece to another. Stabilized woods are woods that have been impregnated under a vacuum with a polymer resin. The pressurized injection forces the resin into all the spaces and pores in the wood. This greatly increases its durability, and resistance to atmospheric change. The wood becomes heavier, more stable, and much more resistant to water.
Tips for Caring for Your Brush – Protect Your Investment
Avoid using excessive pressure when creating lather. Excessively hard, downward pressure, with hard circular motions will cause the bristles to twist and breaking off over time.
- * After shaving, gently, and thoroughly rinse brush of excess shaving cream with warm water.
- * Never pull or twist the badger hair.
- * Gently flick your brush to remove excess water.
- * Always store your brush in an open air area (preferably upside down on a stand) since mildew and soap scum can deteriorate natural hairs and cause breakage.
- * Clean if needed. If your brush becomes affected by mildew or a build-up of soap, soak it in a solution of borax, which can be obtained from a pharmacy.
Taking a couple extra minutes to care for your shaving brush will help keep it looking new after hundreds of shaves.