Wet Shaving Set
Included with this purchase: 1 DE Safety Razor plus I back up Slant Bar DE Safety Razor Head, 1 Brush Stand, 2 Silver Tip Shaving Brushes, 10 DE Safety Razor Blades, Free Shipping
Made in the USA
Thank you for considering this custom, wet shaving set. All our razors, shaving brushes, and stands are made from the highest quality materials for performance you can count on. All our razor, brush, and stand handles are made by hand, locally in our shop in Rome, Georgia. We make each razor, shaving brush, and stands as though it was a work of art, but function and performance are always foremost and never compromised. We hope that you will add it to your collection today. Our goal is to earn and keep your business.
Our handsome, stag handle, chrome plated double edge safety razors are handcrafted in our shop in Rome, Georgia. This heirloom quality Artisan Classic model is similar in design and feel to the Parker 98R, the Merkur 34C/38C/180, and the Edwin Jagger DE89.
Handle: Hand-selected Stag Antler (Elk tine) and Burmese Blackwood
Dimensions (razor head): 1.625 inches x 1 inch (4.13 cm x 2.54 cm)
Head Style 1: Closed comb (safety bar) plate design for added protection that sits between the razor blade and your skin.
Head Style 2: Slant bar design is deal razor style for those with a coarse beard or sensitive skin, a slant bar razor produces a shearing action for cleaner cutting with less pulling.
Length with Razor Head: 4.5 inches (11.43 cm)
Total Weight: 2.3 oz (65.2 g)
Hardware material: Brass
Blades: 10 DORCO ST-301 Stainless Steel Double Edge blades included with purchase. These blades have a platinum and PTFE (AKA Teflon) coating for smooth shaving and will fit any Double Edge Safety Razor.
Recently, the double edge safety razor has seen resurgence in popularity. Their benefits include a substantial cost savings over cartridges with an extremely close shave while experiencing a traditional shaving method.
Our safety razors have superbly balanced and heft and feature solid brass components throughout along with a full size handle. They accept all standard double edge shaving blades. The threaded razor head design allows easy disassembly from the handle as needed for cleaning.
Our “B2 Pikeman” shaving brush has a buffalo nickel coin inlayed in end of handle (buffalo side up) with a decorative red outer ring. The three-inch tall handles is progressively sanded and buffed, then finished with a hand-rubbed Danish oil to bring out the natural luster of the material and to help make the brush handles water resistant. Currently, we offer our brush handles in two wood choices:
- * Stabilized Spalted Tamarind
- * Blackwood
– Burmese Blackwood (Dalbergia cultrata) is a beautiful, dense Southeast Asia wood. Heartwood color is variable, and ranges from a medium olive or reddish brown to a darker purplish brown, frequently with nearly black streaks throughout. Color tends to darken with age. Grain can be irregular. With a uniform medium texture and very good natural luster.
– Spalted Tamarind (Tamarindus indica) is a beautiful African wood. Much of this pale yellow sapwood comes from logs that were either found on the forest floor or were cut and then allowed to spalt in the very damp warm conditions of the jungle. The colors and various line patterns are truly unique from one piece to another. Stabilized woods are woods that have been impregnated under a vacuum with a polymer resin. The pressurized injection forces the resin into all the spaces and pores in the wood. This greatly increases its durability, and resistance to atmospheric change. The wood becomes heavier, more stable, and much more resistant to water.
Upgrade Brush Knot Option: For $15 more, you can upgrade your brush knot to premium, Silver tip Badger Hair knot.
The knots are brand new, pre-bloom (the fan will be much wider once broken in).
Total Brush Height: 5.25″
Handle Height: 3″
Knot Loft Height: 65 mm
Knot Base Diameter: 22mm
Dimensions are approximate.
Made in USA
Razor & Brush Stand Details
This great looking razor and shaving brush stand is perfect for displaying your handcrafted razor. With a treaded design and weighted base, there’s no better way to compliment your custom shaving brush and razor.
– Hand selected stabilized Spalted Tamarind and Burmese Blackwood.
– Accented with two decorative red-black bands made from fiber spacing material.
– A 7 mm brass tube runs through the handle’s center. Chrome end pieces are screwed together with threaded rod and also glued, making the handle sturdy and water resistant.
– 5 coats of hand rubbed, clear polyurethane stain finish on handle to bring out the natural luster of the material and to help make it water resistant.
– Highest quality hardware available.
– Securely holds razor & shaving brush.
– Threaded design makes cleaning easy.
– Unsurpassed fit and finish throughout.
– Precision machined solid brass components.
– Weighted base for stability.
Handle Material: Stabilized Spalted Tamarind and Burmese Blackwood
Base Diameter: 3.25 inches (8.26 cm)
Height: 5.25 inches (6.35 cm)
Georgia Residents – Please Note: Sales tax charged for items shipped to: GA (7%)
International Buyers – Please Note: Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer’s responsibility. Please check with your country’s customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding or buying.
There are no reviews yet.